- First ever run with Shamus, he's bloody fast...brat. I look forward to many more.
- Received "Relentless Forward Progress," by Bryon Powell in the mail and am excited to start reading. Also, received my first issue of Ultrarunning magazine in the mail, which was a gift from Funderson. As an aside, there is an great article about ultra runners in the UK, which I feel lucky to have found a wicked group of fell runner bloggers to hear first hand accounts of these amazing races they are doing (running through bogs, up mountains, all while orienteering?!?!) and what they are up to day to day. Here are just a few you should give them a read:
- Run Forest Run
- Ultra Running Collie
- Tea & Cake
- Adventures of a Fell Monkey
- Laid Back Fell Runner
- 4 Winds
- First mosquito bite of the summer followed by 2-37...it's just silly my arms looks like a I have chicken pox. I saw them all hovering one of the water crossings on my run today, but didn't even realize until I got home that they kept a chunk of me.
- I went into the local hardware/gas station and asked about a car wash and they said that they were half price because only half of the scrubbers were working...I'm a bargain shopper, but really.
- I'm able to ride my bike, 1960's Schwinn townie with grandma seat and basket, into work again, which is AWESOME.
- First pink elephant flower of the season, one of my favorites:
- I've started my new job and LOVE it! I don't think I realized just how bored I was with the other until now, but am so appreciative. I am having an adjustment period as my schedule has changed a bit, but will get into the groove.
- Friday was my first day in three years to have insurance followed closely by yesterday which was my first paid holiday three years. I appreciate it that much more as it's been a while.
- First digger of the year on Saturday trying to cross a log to get to Long Lake followed by number two yesterday coming down the Upper Upper trail...Ouch!
- First EVER swim in Long Lake, which was perfect, refreshing and all around lovely time with Funderson and LF.
- I've been running and in hog heaven with the trails. Enjoying those that are already open and pining away for those that are still snowed in.
- Shamus hiked Whetstone a mountain right across the way from our house...
|Natty climbing the ridge to the peaks|