1. Greg, Locker 29 is running his first EVER half marathon this weekend and has been training wicked hard. So, go wish him luck! Greg, I'll be cheerin' you on from the Butte tomorrow!!!
2. Shamus signed up for his first half for Funderson's Vegas birthday bonanza and he did his first run with the CB Mountain Runners group. One of the ladies that was timing asked if his beard was for real as he came into the finish...he he.
3. Beca and I ran a loop that I've never done and the leaves were just changing. I'm just realizing how long it's been since a real post, sorry friends. The loop, 19 miles, but we questioned if it's actually more around 21, was called Reno, Flag, Bear, Deadman's...by the time we were running down the last we kind of felt as the trail, aptly named. Here are some photos of our day:
|Bombadil and his sister, Scade. No Natty Bratty because she ate something that made her ill.|
|The times and the colors, they are a changin'|
|Our view from the icy creek bath|
4. My sister came to visit from her Idaho home. It had been over a year since I saw her last and it was BRILLIANT. I didn't realize how much I needed a sister hug and chat. We ran together, which I say loosely because she is super fast. We picked apples, made applesauce, eggplant tapenade and a CRAP ton of sauerkraut. I didn't get any photos while she was here either...LAME.
5. Beca and I ran Deer Creek out and back on the perfect day and didn't see ANYONE. It was actually kind of eerie and we were wondering if the Butte had been taken over by zombies, but all is well.
|First lights' rays|
|The tree tops were aglow|
|Electric aspen leaves at Jackson's Wash|
6. We are moving in two weeks and I am realizing, as I do every time we've moved, that we have entirely too much JUNK.
Have a wonderful weekend to you all!
Song of the day - Gramatik ~ Shaft Funk
No words just super awesomeness