- Friday night sleepovers at their house when I was just a wee one eating popcorn on a blanket on the floor watching "Wheel of Fortune." Then, waking up in the middle of the night and getting sick because I ate too much popcorn.
- She was an AMAZING pie maker, but one time I recall her grabbing grapes out of the freezer thinking they were blueberries for a pie. I thought she was going to smack my grandpa when he asked if blueberries had seeds until she realized what she had done.
- As most women did, she'd get her hair done once per week, but we'd always look at her like she was a bionic woman and couldn't figure how her hair stayed that way.
- She was quite an accomplished skeet shooter and had a number of trophies.
- Words that will always just remind me of her: davenport, afghan, pawpaw.
- She was one of many who swooned for Mr. Presley. So, today Elvis is singing for you my Grandma Lisa.
|I was lucky enough to have both grandmothers present at Shamus and I's wedding.|
Song of the day - Elvis ~ Love Me Tender