Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Message

Song of the day - Grandmaster Flash ~ The Message

Old school, great tune...



Random 3 Things Thursday:
1. My sometimes drive-me-up-a-wall boss was talking about the trouble that the Broncos head coach is in, which I had no idea about, but said how bad he feels for him and the media just needs to stop hounding him so much, it's unfair...REAAAALY?!? I said I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest because he makes MILLIONS of dollars a year and cheating is cheating is cheating. Any who, that's all I'm going to say about that.
2. Swam last night, which was open swim night/free swim at the college. Luckily, they left one lane line in for crazy folks such as myself that wanted to be a square and just swim back and forth. If you've seen Caddyshack, it sort of resembled caddy swim day at the club pool...a rope from the ceiling and tarzan jumps into the pool, canon balls off the diving board and fellas trying to impress the ladies with their mad MJ water basketball skills. Good for a laugh any way and awesome "open water" simulation with the wave action.
3. Saw this quote, which pretty much sums up why I enjoy the silence of running and swimming (minus Caddy day at the pool) - "We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls." ~ Mother Teresa

Peace...

No comments: