Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Golden

It has been a busy couple of weeks, but such is summer.  Here's a little of what I've been up to:

  • We went to see out friend's bambino in Denver, Kamuel.  He is one of the cutest little fellow's I've ever seen.  My photography skills are not as good as my cage fighting skills, as you can see, but he WAS also very sleepy.





  • My two remaining grandparents passed away in the span of a week and a half.  It was time, but you are never ready for the call to come.  Much love to them both.
  • Funderson and I volunteered to be on top of Mt. CB for the Summit Hike an event for Living Journey's a local organization that raises money for cancer.  My first time up on the lift and thanks be to Funderson for chatting me up because I was NERVOUS!  We had a great time and talked with folks as they summited and then returned down.  Here are some photos:
Funderson and I at the tippy top.  We carried our sack lunches all the way to the top.

The trail coming up to where we were stationed.

The wildflowers were RIDICULOUS.  Skunk cabbage and larkspur as tall as we were...and we are quite tall.




  • Ran to the top of Gunsight Pass, which can be seen in the middle here.  

To the left Scarps Ridge, to the right Red Lady and behind some wicked clouds.


Song of the day - My Morning Jacket ~ Golden

This song is just magically melodic.




Peace...

No comments: