Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Money

Song of the day - Barrett Strong ~ Money (That's What I Want) So, I love this song, but had to share a story that is the reason for my playing the song today. One of my bosses' friends/clients was nominated along with three other individuals for a big hoodalido award (description withheld to protect the innocent...HA!) and will go tomorrow to NY to find out whether or not he is the recipient. Here's what's been bothering me, he was in the office and I said, "Congratulations and what a wonderful accomplishment to be nominated for such an award." He responds, "It's nothing if I don't win." It does take all kinds to make the world go round, but I was just a bit baffled when he said it. I have such a different outlook on things and am not a competitive person and that's why I wouldn't make it far in the corporate world. We all are our own worst critic at times, I guess. Peace...

1 comment:

funderson said...

Dude, that is why he is totally loaded and you are totally not, slacker. After all, "If you're not first, you're last", yo.